This past week was pretty packed in news and surveys highlighting the developments occurring in our industry.
First, our friends at Databricks released their "Spark Survey". As a company that has been working with Spark in the enterprise and a partner of Databricks, we were very excited to read that Business Intelligence was Spark's #1 workload and that SparkSQL was Spark's #1 component. According to the survey, 92% of people use Spark because of performance reasons. At AtScale, we've tested the robustness of Spark (in particular SparkSQL) and these stats make sense: We all know that Business Intelligence users need fast query times to have a true impact.
Second, the Hadoop Maturity Survey our team worked on in partnership with Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR and Tableau, came out and got a tremendous reception. With over 2,200 answers across North America, Latin America, Asia and Europe, this survey is the broadest and deepest survey conducted to date on the "State of the Big Data Nation". You can download a complimentary copy of it here.
The research was covered in over 40 publications but here is our top 5 favorite highlights:
- Forbes: 5 Highlights Of The First And Largest Hadoop Maturity Survey
- “Self-service is the next big thing for Hadoop and the companies that understand how to deliver on the promise of democratizing access to the Data Lake will win”.
- InfoWorld: Hadoop, in trouble? Only in Gartner-land (covered twice)
- "Released today, a new survey commissioned by AtScale that surveyed more than 2,100 people offers results a whole lot closer to what those of us in the field encounter".
- SiliconAngle: Hadoop Maturity Survey highlights Big Data’s relentless growth
- "Hadoop has well and truly passed the hype cycle".
- Data Informed: Hadoop Maturity Survey Sees Growing Adoption (covered twice)
- "Self-service access to Hadoop for line-of-business users was highly correlated with business value".
- InformationWeek: Hadoop Adoption Poised For Growth
- "More than three quarters of respondents to a recent AtScale survey said they plan to do more with Hadoop in the next three months".
To find out more about the details behind the report, we invite you to join the upcoming webinar hosted by Wayne Eckerson on 10/6. Wayne, an internationally recognized thought leader in the business intelligence and analytics field, will be dissecting the survey results and reveal best practices that can help your company get ahead with Hadoop and BI.
Clik here to secure your spot today (registrants will get access to a recording of the webinar).
Want a preview? Check out our SlideShare below!