Since the 1980s, the world has been using OLAP technology to provide a business interface to analyze data stored in traditional ERP and CRM systems. As the demand for insights increased, MOLAP and ROLAP became key technologies.
With all of the different OLAP options out there, you may wonder which one can actually help you achieve your big data strategy. Which strategy is most suitable for your Hadoop environment?
Watch this 15 minute video with Josh Klahr to help clarify:
- What the difference is between MOLAP and ROLAP
- What "Virtual ROLAP" is and why it matters
- How to choose the right OLAP technology for your needs
Now that you know the difference between OLAP, ROLAP, and MOLAP, which would you choose? Be sure to add your opinion in the comment box below.
Want more? No problem: check out these resources below.
- GUIDE: BI Success Sheet: the 5 things you should know to succeed with BI on Hadoop, regardless your BI tools, regardless your distribution.
- TECH Webinar: The Do's and Don'ts of BI on Hadoop: things that work and things that don't when deploying BI on Hadoop.
- TECH Webinar: Bridging the Gap between Hadoop & Business Intelligence: how to simplify the process of designing and building self service interactive analytics
We hope this quick overview was valuable. If there are other questions you’d like us to address, feel free to add them into the comment section of this blog.
Last but not least, subscribe to our blog to get more helpful tips about Hadoop and BI-on-Hadoop!