One of my favorite business quotes is the one featured in this blog's photo: "The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet" (William Gibson).
When I look back at 2015 and the amazing accomplishments of our team and our customers, I can't help to think that, we are building the future here. And while many got access to it in 2015 already, many more will be able to benefit from it very soon.
We've had a great time serving you and the community in 2015:
- Forbes said AtScale existed to "Democratize Hadoop" when we launched. CRN claimed we were "remaking the Hadoop Analytics Arena". And SiliconAngle wrote we were "bringing Hadoop to the masses".
- We've enjoyed numerous accolades this year: we were named "Emerging Vendor You Need to Know", "Coolest Company of 2015" or "Enteprise Startup to bet your career on". Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! This company is the result of a lot of hard work and we wouldn't exist without your support and the encouragement of our investors at Storm, UMC, AME and XSeed, as well as of course, Amr Awadallah (co-founder of Cloudera) and Jerry Yang (co-founder of Yahoo!).
- Our partners have played a key role in our expansion this year as well. We were very pleased with the work we've done with folks like Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR and Tableau. Particularly when delivering what could have seemed an impossible project: the World's Largest Hadoop maturity survey (get a free copy here).
We can't wait to meet you all at next year's Big Data events such as the Strata Conferences, Gartner BI as well as many of our partners' events and roadshows! If you ever have a question about our direction, please email me directly at email@example.com.
As you consider AtScale, understand what we ARE, and what we are NOT. We are NOT another "Tableau 2.0" company. We are NOT a replacement for your entire BI stack: we are the "Business Interface for Hadoop".
- Not clear about what that means? Simply watch this 2-minute video.
- For a quick answer to what we are NOT, what the below 2-minute interview
Happy Holidays to all and...Analytically Yours!
- The BI on Hadoop "Cheat Sheet": 5 key strategies for generating "BI quick wins" on Hadoop. Download the paper here.
- A Business Interface for Hadoop: In this quick video, our CEO shows what connecting a standard BI tool to Hadoop looks like before and after AtScale. Don't have time for the full video? Fast forward to minute 10 to see the full demo.
Still believe it's too good to be true? Schedule a demo here and we'll show you!