What an incredible week this past week has been!
When we started AtScale, we knew that the industry needed a solution to connect the Hadoop world and the Analytics space – two markets evaluated to reach $50B each, fast growing but disconnected. We just didn’t anticipate the demand and excitement we’ve been blessed with since we started!
This past Tuesday, we announced our Series A, led by UMC Capital, and with participation of AME Ventures, Storm Ventures and XSeed Capital. We welcomed Jerry Yang (co-founder of Yahoo!) and Amr Awadallah (founder and CTO at Cloudera) as investors, and Michael Franklin, the Director of the Berkeley AMPLab, the group that spun out Databricks and created Apache Spark, also joined as a company advisor!
If you didn’t have a chance to read our coverage, please see below some of my favorite pieces and their quotes
- AtScale has built patent-pending software that looks to the outside world like a SQL database. Users can plug in their choice of business intelligence tools on the front end and SQL-on-Hadoop engines on the back end and get fast answers to their queries.
- AtScale’s raison d’etre is that while organizations have a pressing need to leverage analytics, current tools are too difficult to use.
- The AtScale Intelligence Platform determines the quickest way to fulfill each query and then pipes the results to the customer’s business intelligence platform of choice for interpretation.
- AtScale is positioning itself as the “glue” between piles of data on Hadoop and the more user-friendly analysis tools that nontechnical business people are used to.
- With software that lets firms use their existing business-intelligence tools on Hadoop, AtScale is planning for growth.
There are a lot more articles at our press page so be sure to visit it and let us know your thoughts!
More importantly, I want to thank each and all of you for your support and for believing in us since the beginning. Please join us in celebrating this great milestone by either sharing the news on social and letting your friends and partners know that they can request a demo of AtScale anytime @ www.atscale.com/try
Looking forward to changing the world of Hadoop!